How would you define the leaders in your life? Have you stopped to consider the type of leadership you would like to experience? If so, what qualities would you these mentors have? Any of the following?
Once you create your dream list of leadership qualities stop to consider if you demonstrate these qualities yourself. Do you walk your talk?
Renee Lindstrom, GCFP,
Feldenkrais® Practitioner since 2007, Communication, Empathy, Values Coach since 2004, Art of Placement since 2000, Labyrinths of Victoria since 2012, #yyj Peace Week Grassroots Calendar Founder
Inside Awareness is hosting Qualities of Peace in Feminine Leadership Dialogues on behalf of Greater Victoria Peace & Intercultural Celebrations. (#yyjpeace.com) Our first one was held on March 8th, International Women’s Day. In our first gathering the *qualities that emerged where; inner leadership and belonging, and the *values where; belonging and acceptance.
Seven qualities of Feminine Leadership that came up in yesterday’s discussion are:
- ‘Leaders are talking about peace but mostly not behaving or speaking peacefully.’
- Accepting our gender, acknowledging our differences and naming the leadership qualities particular to us. Some examples; capacity for empathy, caring, nurturing and understanding emotions.
- Recognize each of us has something to offer even when you are locked into a specific cultural belief system and start by being friends first and explore our differences.
- Be present to the immediate need and take responsibility for changing it. Stop talking about it and do something!
- Change starts at home first to build a foundation of leadership that secures our future evolution.
- Stop giving in just because it is expected of you, but rather, begin to express your needs in a way that others would want to hear them and contribute to meeting them.
- Listen to each member in the community before making decisions so the decision includes everyone’s voice.
These dialogues are challenging and they are nurturing growth and planting seeds! They will be continued if your are interested in joining us. If you are interested in creating a talking circle focused upon leadership in your school, business or organization contact us here at Inside to get started.
*qualities – for this purpose the meaning of qualities is a behavior or characteristic
*value – for this purpose the meaning of value is the point of need that can be our point of connection and understanding
CALL TO ACTION IN THE COMMUNITY
INSIDE AWARENESS HOSTS: #YYJPEACE.COM:
- Sunday, April 12 – 3:00 – 4:30pm
We held our first informal conversation on the qualities of Feminine Leadership on International Women’s Day in March that will continue again in April It is not a speaker, but rather a group conversation to hear each others voices and integrate what is being shared. It will be a diverse group of women of different ages, careers and passions. I hope you will consider joining in and sharing your meaning of leadership and ways to integrate what we say into what we do.
Connect with email@example.com to express your interest