Inside Awareness is hosting Qualities of Peace in Feminine Leadership Dialogues on behalf of Greater Victoria Peace & Intercultural Celebrations. (#yyjpeace.com) Our first one was held on March 8th, International Women’s Day. In our first gathering the *qualities that emerged where; inner leadership and belonging, and the *values where; belonging and acceptance.
Seven qualities of Feminine Leadership that came up in yesterday’s discussion are:
- ‘Leaders are talking about peace but mostly not behaving or speaking peacefully.’
- Accepting our gender, acknowledging our differences and naming the leadership qualities particular to us. Some examples; capacity for empathy, caring, nurturing and understanding emotions.
- Recognize each of us has something to offer even when you are locked into a specific cultural belief system and start by being friends first and explore our differences.
- Be present to the immediate need and take responsibility for changing it. Stop talking about it and do something!
- Change starts at home first to build a foundation of leadership that secures our future evolution.
- Stop giving in just because it is expected of you, but rather, begin to express your needs in a way that others would want to hear them and contribute to meeting them.
- Listen to each member in the community before making decisions so the decision includes everyone’s voice.
These dialogues are challenging and they are nurturing growth and planting seeds! They will be continued if your are interested in joining us. If you are interested in creating a talking circle focused upon leadership in your school, business or organization contact us here at Inside to get started.