by Renee Lindstrom, GCFP
Upper & Lower Rotation – locked Head
Are you like me? Do you observe body postures in other’s? Even prior to being a movement specialist I focused my attention on people’s body language. I remember a cuz asking me why I was looking at a friend of hers as she was walking towards us. Only I was a teen and didn’t know the answer at that time, which as it turns out is how I take in information!! For me, what people say out loud sometimes and what their body story do not match up. Even at an early age I began listening to body postures, not words!
In this picture above this gal has a nice upper and lower rotation however her head is locked! You can see that her right leg is forward while her left should is rotated forward, however her head is locked in a forward facing position. What does this mean? Her movement is not efficient so she is using too much effort in her activity. What can she do differently? Unlock her head and let is swing slightly as she moves forward. Why? Well let me show you some outcomes of a locked head (securely placed in one position always).
Head falling forward – depression, pain & anger
Head falling forward – neck, shoulders, ribs, & shoulders frozen
Beautiful walking rotation posture enabling balance and ease in holding babies weight!
This posture is nice example of upper and lower rotation in walking. His head rotation is looking over his right leg to look at something on that side of him. However, for a more perfect alignment to support his babies weight, his head could be looking over his left leg.
Can you turn your shoulders left and right while turning your head in the opposite direction?
Learn more about your movement @ an upcoming workshop or class @ Monterey Centre – upcoming calendar. Movement focus events are on; Jaw, Balance, Walking, Breathing, Sitting and Self Awareness in Movement.
Renee Lindstrom, GCFP,
Jaw Release Program since 2007, Authored Achieving your Goals 31 Day Program, Sleep Sweet Sleep, Kid’s Peace Bus Calendar of Values Educational Program & InTouch with Your Values Self-Actualization Program. Feldenkrais® Practitioner since 2007, Communication & Empathy Coach since 2004, Art of Placement since 2000, Labyrinths of Victoria since 2012, #yyj Peace Week Grassroots Calendar Founder, Vice-Chair of World Children
Posted in Feldenkrais - Posture, Uncategorized
Tagged #yyj Feldenkrais, Balance with Feldenkrais, Breathing with Feldenkrais, Feldenkrias, Forzen Posture, Jaw Release with Feldenkrias, movement awareness, Posture, Walking, Walking posture
This week began with a growing moon and will end with a waning one. Today it is a full moon and our suggestions are to connect to your inner sense that the seeds of intention that you planted on the New Moon are now growing! It is done. In Inspired Goal Setting Integration Program we recognize this phase as a time for appreciation!
At Inside we consider that your deeper more meaningful goals are your Purpose and is what is alive in you. It is what brings life to your self expression!
This week our suggestion is to explore your purpose in:
- Movement – where is the starting point of your movement action?
- explore sensing how you move and follow it back towards where it began! Remember to get out of your head and don’t think about what you do or explain it. Feel it! I will have clients and students answer, “I do yoga,” when asked this question. What I am hoping for, when asking this question, is for inner sensing or checking into ones feelings of the actual movement function!
- Communication – what is the intention of what you are about to say?
- Slow yourself down and think about what you are going to say. How would you feel hearing exactly what you are going to say from your……..? What is the main point your trying to express to them? Your sentences can be the starting points of disconnection (not being heard) or connection (being heard). It all depends upon your intention and your awareness of what you are hoping for.
- Lifescape – does your space align with your intention for it?
- Look at your living space or office and notice if it is supporting what you want to happen in your experience. For example, if you have a partner and share a bedroom, would you want all your medicine on the dresser to remind you and them of impending illness or would you want something sleek and sexy?
Book a private session & learn how to be the best you can be!
Why? Self-Esteem, Confidence, Trusting Self
Renee Lindstrom, GCFP,
Feldenkrais® Practitioner since 2007, Value-Based Communication & Empathy Coach since 2004, Art of Placement since 2000, Founder of Greater Victoria Peace & Intercultural Celebrations since 2010 & Greater Victoria Labyrinths since 2012, #yyj Peace Week Calendar Founder – 2014 & 2015
Posted in Inspired Goal Setting for 2016
Tagged Communication, Goaks, Improve your movement, Life Connected, Life of Accountability, Life of intention, Life of Purpose, Mindfulness, movement awareness, Personal Transformation, Purpose, Reinvent yourself, Sef Esteem Building, Value Based Communication
Flight, Fright or Fight
Two powerful teachable moments yesterday in two separate workshops:
- shoulders response to flight, fright or fight
- hesitating to speak honestly on speculation of the other persons fear reaction and pointing out what is actually stopping one from being honest is their own fear?
Check out upcoming workshops or book your own personal movement or empathy coaching session
Renee Lindstrom, GCFP,
Authored Achieving your Goals 31 Day Program, Sleep Sweet Sleep, Kid’s Peace Bus Calendar of Values Educational Program & InTouch with Your Values Self-Actualization Program.Feldenkrais® Practitioner since 2007, Communication & Empathy Coach since 2004, Art of Placement since 2000, Labyrinths of Victoria since 2012, #yyj Peace Week Grassroots Calendar Founder, Vice-Chair of World Children’s Summit on Peace & Nature in 2015