Flight, Fright or Fight
Two powerful teachable moments yesterday in two separate workshops:
- shoulders response to flight, fright or fight
- hesitating to speak honestly on speculation of the other persons fear reaction and pointing out what is actually stopping one from being honest is their own fear?
Check out upcoming workshops or book your own personal movement or empathy coaching session
Renee Lindstrom, GCFP,
Authored Achieving your Goals 31 Day Program, Sleep Sweet Sleep, Kid’s Peace Bus Calendar of Values Educational Program & InTouch with Your Values Self-Actualization Program.Feldenkrais® Practitioner since 2007, Communication & Empathy Coach since 2004, Art of Placement since 2000, Labyrinths of Victoria since 2012, #yyj Peace Week Grassroots Calendar Founder, Vice-Chair of World Children’s Summit on Peace & Nature in 2015
How do you keep your balance and respond to crocodile tears without being to yin or too yang?
Crocodile tears: A person who feigns deep sorrow in order to impress others or gain their sympathy is thus said to cry crocodile tears.
In a recent workshop I made up a story of a situation between my son and myself. As I went through the dialogue steps, I found myself having the same feelings as though it was a real event!
A great example and demonstration that feelings can be stimulated through false information and stories we tell ourselves!
- Did you also know that fear can be un-learned?
- Did you also know that physical triggers (habitual movements) can stimulate your fear without you being conscious of it? Things that you wouldn’t normally be afraid of become stimulus to frighten you.
- Have you considered that mental triggers (personal thinking process) can also stimulate your fear reactions without your being conscious of it?
- Fear can be a reaction from past experiences being projected into your expectations of the future!
Rather than seeking quick fix and ignoring the root source find out more about how you can learn to replace fear with self-support and learn skills to be present more of the time.
Contact Renee today if you would like to explore natural ways to improve the quality of your own personal way of reacting and experiencing behaviors for improving relationships, sleeping, pain levels, reducing stress and more.
Contact information – email@example.com or 250-361-7508
An article I recommend reading – “How exercise fuels the brain”