- Listen with an intention to connect deeper to another – a heart connection
- Regardless of the topic, observe what inner responses come up for you. Recognize these as though in a Buddhist meditation-begin to notice your responses as personal responses without judgement and go back to what words you are hearing.
- Notice if you want to share your story or if you want to give advice and STOP. Simply let it go by without acting upon these urges.
- If there are a lot of words coming at you, ask for a pause to try to tell back what you heard. Explain you want to hear what they are saying.
- Reﬂecting back what you have heard, may create a response that takes them to another topic. This is an opportunity to track. Developing tracking skills will allow you to come back to the main trigger point in the future with more ease and not being taken down the garden path to some other situation.
Personal Mentor/Coach, Educational Programs: Business, School, Organization
by Renee Lindstrom, GCFP,
Feldenkrais® Practitioner since 2007, Communication & Empathy Coach since 2004, Art of Placement since 2000
Follow Inside on: