1. University & College Lectures – living in a university town you can attend a variety of lectures and information series events usually for free! Hook up to your university’s calendar today!
2. Local Library and Book Store Public Events – go to a book reading, signing together or attend a special presentation presented to your community!
3. Community Gardens – source out local gardens that are open to the public. In Victoria we are lucky enough to have many stunning gardens within the City and free to explore. For example – Finnerty Gardens at the University of Victoria, Beacon Hill Park in James Bay.
Finnerty Gardens – University of Victoria
4. Local Markets, Food Kiosk’s and Truck’s – meet up to enjoy different foods at markets or around your town. Enjoy the scenic downtown areas and be a tourist in your own town!
5. Local Wineries – take an afternoon to check out your local wineries and sample their free tastings!
6. Natural History Society – find yours and check out their schedule for bird-watching, nature and historical lectures.
7. Explore your local Tours and Walking Maps – Locate interesting walking maps in your town and meet up to investigate. In Victoria we enjoy tours of historical architecture, China Town, Artist Stroll events, Fisherman’s Wharf, Ross Bay or Chinese Cemeteries (Historical Sites) with Emily Carr and Billy Barker (Barkerville, B.C.) and more!
8. Volunteer in the local park, forest trails and beach clean up – Get outdoors and meet up to do an activity together that is invigorating and giving back. Forest trails and parks are looking for volunteers to clean out invasive plant species and our local Surf-riders are looking for beach clean up help at their events.
9. Tour your local museums, old churches and interesting historical buildings in your city. Take time to walk through some of these local gems and stopping for a treat along the way.
10. Inner City Walks or walk outside your doorstep – In Victoria we are lucky enough to have scenic walks along our waterfront with downtown parks that have walking trails! Many of these can be reached during lunch breaks!
11. Volunteer at local festivals & events! – Victoria hosts many festivals and events that are in need of volunteers from concerts, walks, runs to Ted Talks!
LOVE PROGRAM STARTING FEB 1ST – 14 DAYS OF LOVE TIPS – FOLLOW @INSIDEAWARENESS
Day #1 – Tip #1
Read more on love
Read Richard Watts, Feature Writer for the Times Colonist interview and article on love and relationships!