OCT 25 – NOV 29, 7 – 9 PM
Enemies or Lovers?
For those who are single or in relationship. These sessions will include learning how to create the environment of listening for safely sharing on a deepened level. It will focus upon relationships between men and women and their issues for deeper understanding of how to hear the messages (even hard to hear messages). It will focus upon practice and integrating seeing, hearing and speaking skills to develop conscious awareness. The intention is for replacing automatic behavioral habits with conscious behavior to bridge the connection gap between couples. Mostly importantly it will develop the basic skills of staying self-connected in relationships and include how to use empathy effectively in moments of conflict and anger. These sessions will also model a practice group format to support you development of an ongoing practice group. – Fridays $20.00/couple per night – $13.00 per person drop @ in Inside Awareness for Healthy Living
Register with firstname.lastname@example.org
More getting InTouch:
- Nov 3 – Empathy & Needs Talking Circle
- Nov 7 – Parenting with Compassion & Empathy
- Nov 30 – GOALS
Have you ever given empathy and the resulting emphatic connection is misunderstood by the receiver?
These questions and more are now being considered and shared in learning Empathy for Self and others in getting InTouch Relationship series of Think, Speak and Act!
- If the receiver isn’t clear on the differences between compassion and the love they long for, how do they interpret their experience of an empathetic connection?
- Do they mistake this sexual attraction?
- Do the receivers of empathy mistake this as being in love with the listener?
- Do they become addicted to the feelings therefore demand empathy?
- If a person received empathy in a gathering with a purpose was for learning, how do they and the listener move forward through the disappointment of not having the full focus of the groups empathy another time?
- If you receive empathy does this mean your wish is fulfilled?
And questions for the empathy listener:
- What is the listener modelling?
- Is there balance between giving and receiving so that when the sessions is over the receiver of empathy leaves it with a solid sense of their own support and not in awe (in debt) to the empathetic listener?
- How much nice is too nice? How does the listener detach themselves to balance the connection?
- What is the presence and contact of the listener? Is the expression of their emphatic eyes and presence self-contained demonstrating and modelling how to balance their own inner needs while holding the connection of the receivers ?
- Is the listener able to follow the receivers lead when wanting to receive empathy and noticing the cues to stop?
Difficult questions with answers now included in learning and experiencing empathy in getting InTouch Think, Speak and Act series.