Support healthy jaw function and break free From pain by experiencing:
- Primary Movements of the Jaw
- Shoulder, Neck and Jaw Connections
- Head and Jaw Integration
- Eyes and Jaw Integration
- Cheek and Tongue Integration
Relax your jaw and lessen your TMJ pain using the Feldenkrais Method. For chronic conditions begin with a consultation and personal functional integration sessions. Additional integration through movement lessons support increased posture and flexibility.
Nerves connect the muscles of the face, jaw and neck to the cervical spine. If these muscles are tense, pain can be felt in the face, neck and ears.
Jaw and neck pain can be both acute and chronic and result from trauma or slowly with structural issues.
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome – shoulder, jaw and neck pain with sinus infections on one side. Compression of neurovascular structures may lead to tense muscles and referred pain throughout the head and neck.
- Muscular and Nerve Issues – Temporamandibular Jaw problems and anterior repositioning.
- Nodes, Salivary glands, and Dental Problems and Lymph Glands – grinding teeth abscess, infection
SOME POSSIBLE CONDITIONS CREATING JAW PAIN:
- The jaw muscles are controlled primary by the trigeminal nerve (C5) – pressure on this nerve through the spine, muscle cramps, or inflammation can lead to poor function of the jaw.
- Abnormal posture. The major muscles that hold up the head ar in the neck and jaw. These are assisted by smaller muscles at the tope of the spine. Fatigue of these smaller muscles places greater strain on the neck and jaw causing the neck to hyper-extend. The cause of most neck and jaw pain is the trapeze muscles which extends from the head to the shoulders.
- Stress also causes the muscles in the neck to tighten, which can lead to many types of neck and jaw pain itself.
- Fibroymyalgia – The positioning of the head and the neck could create chronic fatigue and immune dysfunction.
- Whiplash – the disc in the jaw joint being pushed out-of-place, leading to severe neck and jaw pain
- Temporamandibular Joint Syndrome – Nerve inflammation and structural abnormalities. headache, shoulder pain, right-sided or left neck pain.
Renee with Inside Awareness has been offering TMJ relief in Victoria since 2007 through personal integration and through organized group classes. For more information – email@example.com