Scroll to view 4 Workplace Programs that can be an immersive experience or explored individually
#1. Awareness through Space
Influences in the environment
The stimulus of one’s environment influences physical, mental and emotional wellbeing, and creates unconscious reactive behaviours. The environment tells the story of the experience of those working in the environment. It suggests to an outside observer how one interacts with the world and with others. Integrating the language of space provides the foundation for a balanced, peaceful and harmonious environment for workers. Did you know that one’s environment shapes movement patterns, viewpoints, attitudes and can be emotional triggers?
What can Awareness through Space do for you?
- Improve your environment
- Increase connection to self and others in your environment
- Motivate and be inspirational
- Create a refuge for peace, harmony and joy
- Support inner connection
- Support connections in the community
- Stimulate a new core experience
- Reduce stress, anxiety and depression
- Support to find connection to beauty
#2. Awareness through Goals & Culture
Cultivating shared focus in the workplace
In a community goals are important to create a focus for shared experiences. The target in a community setting is the mission/vision statement of the organization. This is the Inside Awarenesses focus on goals to create clarity, understanding and agreements towards meeting the shared values of the organization. This is followed by bringing awareness to working groups and individuals within the shared experiences of running an organization. The attention is on a doable patterns for developing skills and integrating inner awareness of intention. Action follows attention. The key to success is to become clear on where the focus of attention is placed.
Manifesting actions that begin with intention can reduce or eliminate the sense of being held hostage to differences in relationships and workplace events. Creating intentional actions can create new behaviours grounded in clarity, understanding and acceptance.
What can Awareness through Goals do in a workplace?
- Increase productivity
- Improve motivation
- Change inner dialogue that creates outside reactions
- Detail mission/vision statement values
- Create the foundation for a language of universal values in the workspace
- Turn inaction into action
- Deepen working connections
- Improve relationships
#3. Awareness through Spoken Word (THINK, SPEAK & ACT)
Auditory Sense through spoken word
Two Parts to Effective Speaking
Effective communication is an equal balance of listening before drawing conclusions and creating solutions. Speaking well is an artful choice of words that in fact is a form of listening.
Part #1: Spoken Word Model
Cultivating Awareness using spoken words is the first step to listening
Conversation is an equal opportunity and shared experience
- Cultivating an awareness of speaking with words of intention when communicating to increase chances for being heard and understood
- Learning to identify intention in what others are communicating to increase skills to hear them and respond back in ways to be heard
The only way to change is action
Effective dialogue interaction is an art increasing the likelihood of meaningful exchanges. Skill development of these techniques cultivate conscious awareness of effective communication as it is being experienced. This leads to spontaneous, flexible and creative interactions that are more likely to be productive and shift all parties into working towards common goals.
Part #2: Listening Model
Empathetic Listening shifts obstacles
Identifying obstacles in listening and truly being heard
How can Spoken Word & Empathy Listening create successful interactions in the workplace?
- Improve effective listening
- Reduce non-productive and negative interactions
- Enhance decision making skills
- Increase actions replacing reactions (remember action is with intention, reaction is emotional)
- Create connection on shared work goals
- Increase self-esteem, acceptance and confidence
- Create or inspire personal leadership qualities
#4. Awareness through Movement
Felt sense through Body
The Feldenkrais Method helps people of all ages learn to move easier and enriches lives through the learning a unique way of focusing attention to expand awareness. Learning these ways can be an essential addition to the treatment of neurological, orthopedic, chronic pain, and stress-related conditions.
- Easier movement means greater comfort performing everyday activities at work or home, and greater skill in athletic and artistic pursuits.
- As you expand your awareness of how you think, sense, feel, and move, the possibilities for personal improvement and human development are limitless.
In the workspace Feldenkrais can support physical alignment of one’s posture that will influence physical, mental and emotional health and wellbeing.
Imagine the long lasting effects of sitting to work on ones computer with legs stretched out in this way as illustrated in the first photo. Now turn to the chairs and consider how they too would create physical problems over time from back to shoulder and neck pain. One of the worse contributors to poor posture is sitting. As a Feldenkrais Practitioner guiding movement patterns the most difficult movement for men and women to access is pelvic movements. This is from years of sitting and sitting with bad posture. This is a range of those woe are motivated with fitness to those who are not. It is not what you do, it’s how you do it.
Feldenkrais coaching can make the difference in the health and wellbeing of those in your workspace from those who are standing and sitting for long periods to those entering the boardroom to make executive decisions and changes.