GUILD CERTIFIED FELDENKRAIS® PRACTITIONER
Renee Lindstrom is a Certified Feldenkrais Practitioner & Teacher (since 2007) . She has been sharing the Feldenkrais Method® of somatic education in Victoria, BC since her second year of training in 2005. The method helps people of all ages learn to move easier and enriches lives through the learning a unique way of focusing attention to expand awareness. Learning these ways can be an essential addition to the treatment of neurological, orthopedic, chronic pain, and stress-related conditions.
- Easier movement means greater comfort performing everyday activities at work or home, and greater skill in athletic and artistic pursuits.
- As you expand your awareness of how you think, sense, feel, and move, the possibilities for personal improvement and human development are limitless.
Two ways one can explore the Feldenkrais Method with Renee Lindstrom is through Function Integrations or Awareness through Movement Lessons.
Functional Integration® (FI) lessons are taught to individuals, and are especially suited for those who have specific movement difficulties or performance improvement issues that would benefit from individual attention. Dress comfortably for movement. Your lessons may begin with you sitting or lying on a special low, padded table. The Feldenkrais® Practitioner guides you by communicating through a gentle, listening touch and movement, as well as with words.
Awareness Through Movement® (ATM) lessons are taught to groups or individuals. The ATM teacher verbally guides you through a sequence of gentle movements. Usually you will begin by lying on the floor, but some ATM lessons may take place sitting on the floor or in a chair, or standing. After the lesson, you’ll be asked to notice what changes you perceive. Many experience deep relaxation — and lightness — in addition to reduction of pain and stress, with improved range of motion, balance, and posture.
In both ATM and FI lessons, you will become more aware of how you move in habitual ways. Each lesson helps you to explore alternatives that you might not have thought of otherwise. Through increased awareness, you learn to move with minimal effort and maximum efficiency. As Moshe Feldenkrais said, “We can. . .make the impossible, possible; the possible, easy; and the easy, elegant.”
What can the Feldenkrais Method® do for you?
- Experience greater ease and grace in everyday movements
- Experience more awareness of self and others
- Improve breath and overall coördination
- Reduce mental and physical stresses
- Enjoy life while “aging gracefully”
- Improve performance in music, dance, acting, athletics, creativity
- Experience alternatives in habitual actions
- Improve posture and outlook
- Improve self-image
Feldenkrais®, Feldenkrais Method®, Awareness Through Movement®, Functional Integration®, are registered service marks of the Feldenkrais Guild® of North America. Feldenkrais Method®