Awareness & wisdom through living experiences
Integrating a lifestyle of balance
Scroll to view 4 Programs that can be an immersive experience or explored individually
1. Awareness through Movement®
Felt sense through Body
The Feldenkrais® Method helps people of all ages learn to move easier and enriches life through a unique way of focusing attention to expand awareness. Learning these ways can be an essential addition to the treatment of neurological, orthopedic, chronic pain, and stress-related conditions.
- Easier movement means greater comfort performing everyday activities at work or home, and greater skill in athletic and artistic pursuits.
- As you expand your awareness of how you think, sense, feel, and move, the possibilities for personal improvement and human development are limitless.
Two ways one can explore the Feldenkrais Method is through Function Integration or Awareness through Movement Lessons.
- Functional Integration (FI) – Sessions for individuals
These are personalized lessons and are especially suited for those who have specific movement difficulties or performance improvement issues that would benefit from individual attention. A Feldenkrais® Practitioner guides you personally through patterns of movement to enhance range of motion and increase the moving parts in function.
- Awareness through Movement® (ATM) – Group Classes
Awareness through Movement lessons are group classes that guide individuals through patterns of movement with a focus on a particular function using spoken word.
In both ATM and FI lessons, you will become more aware of how you move in habitual ways. Each lesson helps you to explore alternatives that you might not have thought of otherwise. Through increased awareness, you learn to move with minimal effort and maximum efficiency.
What can the Feldenkrais Method® do for you?
- Experience greater ease and grace in everyday movements
- Experience more awareness of self and others
- Improve breath and overall coördination
- Reduce mental and physical stresses
- Enjoy life while “aging gracefully”
- Improve performance in music, dance, acting, athletics, creativity
- Experience alternatives in habitual actions
- Improve posture and outlook
- Improve self-image
Renee is a Certified Feldenkrais® Practitioner – since 2007
The following learning programs are designed through the lens of somatic sensory awareness that follows the open ended learning process of Feldenkrais that understands life is spontaneous. These programs are grounded upon balancing all life areas: physical, cultural, perceptual, emotional, mental and faith.
2. Awareness through Spoken Word (think, speak & act)
Auditory Sense through spoken word
Awareness through Spoken Word is a system for learning a new way of balancing interactive actions of thinking to speaking and acting to increase ones function and quality of life. Though the art of listening and choices of spoken words this system actively balances right and left brain to create an environment for increasing the potential to be seen and heard in a quality of acceptance. It reduces limiting beliefs by increasing focus of attention in the the present moment. As an empath I can trust the Awareness through Spoken Word experience as it deepens my comprehension and inner listening skills to tap into heightened perception that replaces old thinking. It taps into the same dynamic of inner clarity that I trusted as a baby to learn to speak and process thought.
Awareness through Spoken Word programs are founded upon the principles’ of Dr. Rosenberg’s method, as experienced in his educational programs, however they are through the eyes of a Feldenkrais® Practitioner and Lifestyle Coach. This means the learning focus is not limited to one specific introductory pattern and therefore is flexible and adaptable to the situation. Awareness through Spoken Word introduces a way of understanding differences through the individual functional process of oneself and others. It breaks through the limitations of rules, beliefs, opinions and perspectives using a somatic process of integration that develops new neural pathways in the brain versus strengthening already existing mental concepts. What this means is that ones learns to have fluidity in the way they process incoming information versus the inflexibility of rules that follow expectations of outcomes. One way leads to acceptance and resolution while the other leads to conflict and unresolved events.
What can Spoken Word & Empathy Listening do for you?
- Greater ease in relationships
- Find clarity of emotions and root cause
- Understand reactions and learn to turn them into intentional actions
- Increase self-esteem, acceptance and confidence
- Learn to move through conflict to connect
- Transform dialogues that aren’t working into ones that meet your needs
- Turn power over experiences into power with
- Turn power under experiences into power with
- Understand the hidden messages in what you are speaking and hearing
Renee is a spoken word coach – since 2004
3. Awareness through Goals
Cultivating choice & decreasing random actions
Awareness through Goals is a model for learning how to turn random actions into intentional ones. This model integrates a connection to nature (grounding), universal values (root source of connection) and behaviour (learned). IAM breaks areas of life into nine to assist in creating clarity of how these different areas relate to each other in a whole living experience. IAM also uses cycles of nature to support a model for changing behaviours that lead to success.
Manifesting actions that begin with intention can reduce or eliminate the sense of being held hostage to differences in relationships and life events. Creating intentional actions can create new behaviours grounded in clarity, understanding and acceptance.
What can Awareness through Goals do for you?
- Increase productivity
- Improve motivation
- Change inner dialogue that creates outside reactions
- Determine your core experience
- Integrate universal values at a core level of experience
- Turn inaction into action
- Deepen self connection
- Deepen connection with all living things
- Improve relationships
4. Awareness through Space
Visual Sense through surroundings
Learning and understanding the spatial container of one’s surroundings and its influence on physical, mental and emotional wellbeing and behaviour is a powerful learning experience. The images of one’s surroundings is the storyline of their lifestyle and relationships. It suggests to an outside observer how one interacts with the world and with others. Integrating the language of space provides the foundation for a balanced, peaceful and harmonious environment for expressing life. Did you know that one’s environment helps to shape movement patterns and viewpoints? Also, did you know it is a stimulus for emotional behaviour or reactions?
What can Awareness through Space do for you?
- Improve your environment
- Increase connection to self and others in your environment
- Motivate and be inspirational
- Create a refuge for peace, harmony and joy
- Support inner connection
- Support connections in the community
- Stimulate a new core experience
- Reduce stress, anxiety and depression
- Support to find connection to beauty
5. Awareness through Life
Cultivating Awareness of functional interactions between body, mind, emotions, space and spirit
This program provides you with a pattern to tap into your intuitive. unique journey & softly guides you to cultivate awareness to align your inner values with your desired journey
Easily learn and develop living skills to differentiate the separate realms of human experience. This knowledge can slow down fast, fierce, and habitual reactions. Reactive behaviours are your cultural legacy, and they can be changed through somatic education and integration.
“As a coach and practitioner, I have observed that true change for becoming the person you wish to become happens through the integration of new patterns. I have learned if one tries to change through philosophical engagement it brings new struggle, and painful reactions increase. One can memorize information however it becomes an unachievable story that remains in one’s thinking and creates inner criticism. “Renee Lindstrom
Part #1 – Quality of Being
What can Awareness through Life do for you?