There are three parts to this value-based enrichment program. Learning these steps and the willingness to practice will be the shift from unconscious habitual dialogue to consciously focused dialogue.
These three parts are:
- Defining your personal values
2. ‘ACKNOWLEDGE DIFFERENCES AND LISTEN ANYWAY’
- Commitment to Interdependent Dialogue Interactions and recognizing humanities shared values
“Today, the mission of one institution can be accomplished only by recognizing that it lives in an interdependent world with conflicts and overlapping interests.” Jacqueline Grennan Wexler
3. PRACTICE/SKILL DEVELOPMENT
- There are two different types of communication; habitual and mindful awareness. Habitual is the continuous cycle of mental stories that are either based upon the past and the future. Mindful is an attentive awareness to what is real in the moment. The steps to get from story telling to mindful awareness are simple, yet require learning, practice and patience.