- Become interested in the person with the intention to connect.
- Make eye contact, soften your expression and perhaps smile.
- Show interest by resting your thoughts for a moment to connect to what they are sharing.
- Listen to their words and begin reflecting back what they are telling you to let them know they are being heard.
- Imagine what it is they may be feeling and guess/or ask what their need is.
- Be sincere by checking in and see if you are on track and have understood them in the way they wanted to share!
getting InTouch – Renee Lindstrom – December 06, 2012